June 27, 2008

The beauty of family

Family is an interesting term as it includes so many people, many of whom we often do not know or have never met. I also have found myself reflecting on the family of the Church. I went to Mass this morning at the Little Sisters of the Poor home in Newark and introduced myself to one of the sisters there. She was so excited to hear who was in Palatine and how things were while I was there, it made me realize how large the Little Sisters family is, but also has opened my eyes to the family of the church.

Reading an update from Maggie's Place, where I used to work, I also saw that although it is a workplace with women coming and going according to need, they are a family. They even had a chance to go on a "family vacation"!

So, my dear family, I love you and for those of you whom I have never met, I look forward to meeting you in Heaven! God be with you!

No comments:

LoveServes Nunsong