September 09, 2009

My Everything

The other day the versatility of the Lord and His gentleness with us overwhelmed and calmed me. After a tiring day at work and a feeling that I would never get this chill out of my system, a scare with my father's health and the reassurance that he was ok, emotions ran high and I did not even know what I was feeling. My fear was masked by my will to be a happy face for the residents and my sorrow placed into no mans land. It was only as our priest announced my dad's name at Mass that I felt myself tear up and realized I was scared. I had shoved it so far down that i had no idea what I was even feeling. The Lord shows us what we need to see.. even within ourselves

After the relief that everything was ok, I ran to the chapel to say my prayers and thank the Lord, but instead i could not control my tears. I sat sobbing and just gazing at the Tabernacle wondering what I was crying for, He knew i needed to release and He was there to be the shoulder I could rely on. The comforting embrace which makes me feel I can be vulnerable and cry. I am not alone and He is there for me.. to be exactly what I need.

He led me into prayer and comforted me in this prayer of the Church (Liturgy of the Hours). Holding me in His gentle embrace, He reminded me how much He loves me and is there for me, of the people He has given me to support me, but most of all He helped to to again view my love for Him. How amazing He is... to be Our Embrace, Our Comfort, Our Shelter, Our Grace, Our Knight in Shining Armor, Our Lover, Beloved. Yes, it always returns to this term... Beloved.

I am my Beloved's and He is mine! AMEN

No comments:

LoveServes Nunsong