February 26, 2009

God's Divine Providence

Speaking with one of the residents here in Philly, she told me this story of how the Lord has truly been there to guide her life:

You know how I ended up here? Well, I still can't believe it! I remember when I was still very young, living in Altoona. Father worked on the railroad and we lived nearby so we used to have the Little Sisters of the Poor come and stay in our home while they were out. Mother was always good to them and gave them something good and warm to eat. A bowl of soup, some hot tea... I was about 4 years old at the time.

Then we moved up the mountain and, well I don;t remember saying this, but my sister told me the story. We were talking on the phone and she was living in another home like this and I was here and she said do you remember what you said about the little sisters? I replied that I didn't and she said that one day when my mother was quite distraught she was crying over what would happen to all of us if something were to happen to her! She was so upset and my sister said that I responded quickly not to worry about me. When asked why, I had replied that the Little Sisters of the Poor will find me! And so here I am! I didn't know what I was saying, but when I could no longer take care of myself, here I am at the Little Sisters of the Poor! And I never really saw them between the time I was 4 and they came to my house and when I came to live here, but the Lord sure does have a plan, doesn't He?

No comments:

LoveServes Nunsong