February 28, 2009

A brief moment of peace

I awoke early this morning to a song from the Lord. As He gently work me with "good morning beautiful", I could already feel my countenance changing to a more peaceful state. Hopping into the shower and calmly readying myself for the day, the brisk walk which lay before me seemed inviting and joyful.

The morning air was cool and crisp as I ventured forth from my warm abode, but nothing could stop me. I need to be where I felt a sense of belonging and I knew exactly where I could find that. The mile-long walk was shortened by my dear housemate who was headed out as well and took my half-way. how glorious it is to live in a house of such love!

When I arrived at the Monastery of the visitation, the doors were locked! I was a bit early and prayed that there would be Mass and I would not have walked out in vain. I began to pray my morning office seated on a cement parking block when the lock clicked and the door opened to reveal one of the dear sisters. She was so surprised to see a young girl sitting outside the chapel door that she gasped and ducked back inside. collecting herself, she once more opened the door and ushered me into the warmth and introduced herself as Sr. Catherine Theresa. I came into the simple little chapel, already feeling at home and being filled with peace from the prayers ushered up to the Lord from within each day. In the dark, looking up at the single light (the sanctuary lamp) I was calm and joyful once again.

Morning Office began from the other side of the church and I listened keenly to the gently flowing prayers floating up to the Lord using those ancient tones. Flowing directly into Mass, the prayers continued and I once more was absorbed into that great sacrifice. Blessed be God for giving me exactly what I need. A little taste of relief in the midst of an ocean of change.

No comments:

LoveServes Nunsong