January 15, 2009

Dancing with God

A short tidbit to share with each of you about dancing...

I just went to a performance by St. Michael's Warriors and how wonderfully splendid they all are! They dance for the heart of Christ, to be one with Him and to bring the joy of our created bodies to others in a truly holy and magnificent way. After watching this and seeing the goodness of the human body, I was reminded that I failed to share with you about my own recent dancings with the Lord...

So, back to a retreat I recently went on... the Jesus Retreat. We were in Adoration on Sunday morning, music playing and people praising the Lord in various ways. One man stood up and said to us all that he felt the Lord was asking us to slow dance with Him. So, "stand up and dance with the Lord" he told us. I got up off my knees and placed my arms out in front of me, resting one on my Lord's shoulder and the other resting on His Divine arm. The music began, a gentle love song meant for a romantic encounter, and what a romantic encounter it was! I could see Him there, holding me tightly to Himself, my head resting on His strong chest, following His lead. We danced gently and He began to hold me tighter, releasing only to send me into a spin, guiding my every move, and bringing me back, ever closer to Himself.

-now let me pause to assure you I have never done this before and was under the impression that everyone else in the room was doing the same thing-

The song ceased and the music began to get a bit faster, but the Lord did not let me go, we jazzed up our style and He egged me on to get into the beat and be more free! I opened my eyes to see that I had moved to another place in the room and was facing a different direction. At that moment, the same man got up and said, "now, let us dance with one another and turn this place into a hoe-down!" A hoe-down? Well, feeling that truly these were words from the Lord I let go, hooked arms with a nearby sister and started dancing, making my way through the room and hooking into whatever arm seemed to be available. The Lord continued to dance with me... just in the body of His Church! Blessed be the Lord!

so... Dance! For He is the Lord of the Dance!

No comments:

LoveServes Nunsong