May 31, 2008

The draw of the cloister

After a week at home, the Lord has truly been blessing my vocation as He strengthens this draw for the the cloistered life. The drastic difference from living with the Little Sisters to now living at home is enough to pull me once more towards the cloister!

My Beloved awaits me and yet I can spend only a minimal amount of time in the chapel as my duty here is to be with my family and be present to the needs here (as well as a major cleaning and clearing out of my room). Even while in Palatine, it seemed I could not get enough time with Him alone and so He draws me ever closer to His Heart!

As I struggle to let go of my own ideas and accept His, I am learning how much He loves me. I thought, once again incorrectly, that I had things figured out a little bit and could handle my schedule all by myself. Wrong-o! It looks as if walking across the country again was not in God's plan (unless I am mis-reading Him again of course) and I am trying to "be not afraid" of other decisions which lay upon the horizon.

May God continue to bless you all and please be assured of my love!

No comments:

LoveServes Nunsong