October 30, 2007

Prayers

So it has been a long day and I thought I would write a little note before I head off to bed. I know I have yet to write about any of my adventures, but right now my life seems to be one big adventure. I am currently living and working at Maggie's Place, which is a home for pregnant, homeless women. We have a mom right now who just had an emergency C-section at 24 weeks to deliver baby Oshea because she was going into pre-term labor and he was breach.

I had the chance to go and visit him and his mom today and she is struggling with some infections and really seems very tired from the surgery and the complications. Our little Oshea is doing well so far and he is truly a fighter, but at such an early stage of life, things can change daily. When I looked down at him in his little incubator.. he is barely bigger than my hand! And I have small hands! He is pretty amazing as he already is opening his eyes and is awake much more than expected!

Please keep him and his mother in your prayers as they struggle through this difficult time and we as a community struggle to support her and engage in this endeavor with her.

Thanks!

No comments:

LoveServes Nunsong